[ejabberd] Testing the load-balance capability of a clustered ejabberd configuration

David Chan chan_hok_ching at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 16:19:08 MSK 2012

Hi,

Would somebody help me on the following
I sent to the mailing list previously?

Thanks

Hi,

I would like to build a set of ejabberd cluster servers,
but would like to know in advance on one thing:

      How can I make sure that the cluster is really load-balancing the incoming traffic?

I think the only way is to feed it with a large volume of requests/traffic,
so the question seems to lead to another:

     How to simulate a traffic-heavy environment for ejabberd?

From what I know there is a stress-testing tool called Tsung,
will it do the trick?

Thanks in advance

David