[ejabberd] BOSH connection limit

Shaun Kruger skruger at chatmongers.com
Sat Dec 1 08:33:22 MSK 2012

I think that if you put HA Proxy in front of your BOSH listener you can use
the maxconn configuration option to limit the number of established
connections.  One danger is that if you queue or reject connections there
is no way to assure that you're not queuing or rejecting connections for
established sessions in favor of new sessions.  I would worry that any
connection limiting strategy that isn't managed by the BOSH connection
manager could result in significant user experience degradation.

Shaun