[ejabberd] Concurrent BOSH connection issue

paul tinson paul.tinson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 01:04:29 MSK 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 1:38 PM, paul tinson <paul.tinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am using ejabberd 2.1.11 with BOSH.
> The client is a custom asmack one.
>
> Currently i sometimes get what looks like a stuck connection.
> If i use ejabberdctl connected_users it shows two users online with
> the same JID and resource.
> If i disconnect the client one connection is still reported, if i user
> kick_session for the stuck session it doesnt clear.
>
> I first thought this was just a bug in connected_users, however when
> both sessions are up messages from or to this user are lost.
>
> So far i havent seen any errors that relate to it in the ejabberd log,
> even with debug on.
>
> At the moment the only way i can fully clear these sessions is to
> restart ejabberd, and i am sure that is far to brutal.
>
> Has anyone seen this behaviour before?
> Are there any other was to clear a session?
>
> Hope to hear back.
>
> Paul

Just a bit more info.
While i have a duplicate session open if i dump the mnesia session
table there are two entries in there.
I am checking this with "ets:tab2list(session)." in debug.

Is it allowed to have duplicate connection with the same resource?

All connections are coming from a single SNAT address at the moment as
well, could this be causing issues?

Paul