[ejabberd] How to create proxy server on ejabberd

Jack Sun jacksun1203 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 14:08:20 MSK 2012

I read the doc<https://git.process-one.net/ejabberd/mainline/blobs/raw/v2.1.11/doc/guide.html#htoc55>,
and it's saying that

*"This module implements SOCKS5 Bytestreams (XEP-0065). It allows ejabberd
to act as a file transfer proxy between two XMPP clients."*

Does this mean ejabberd WILL create the proxy server, and host is
proxy.machine1.abcd.com?? Or I need to install other proxy server (like
squid) on machine1.abcd.com?

The module mod_proxy65 has been configured to be follows:

 {mod_proxy65, [{host, "proxy.machine1.abcd.com"},
                 {name, "File Transfer Proxy"},
                 {port, 7777},
                ]},

if ejabberd will create the proxy server named
"proxy.machine1.abcd.com", why I can not ping proxy.machine1.abcd.com?
It shows:

ping: cannot resolve proxy.machine1.abcd.com: Unknown host.

Is that normal? Or I should setup other things to tell xmpp client
where is the proxy server.

--
-Jack