[ejabberd] How to create proxy server on ejabberd

Peter Viskup skupko.sk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:30:21 MSK 2012

On 12/12/2012 11:08 AM, Jack Sun wrote:
> |if ejabberd will create the proxy server named
> "proxy.machine1.abcd.com <http://proxy.machine1.abcd.com>", why I can
> not ping proxy.machine1.abcd.com <http://proxy.machine1.abcd.com>? |It
> shows:
> |ping: cannot resolveproxy.machine1.abcd.com  <http://proxy.machine1.abcd.com>: Unknown host|.
> Is that normal? Or I should setup other things to tell xmpp client where is the proxy server.
> --
> -Jack

Hi Jack,
yes that's normal. Unfortunately in the TCP/IP world there are other
general tasks which you have to take care of in case you are trying to
run any client-server application.
In this case it's name-resolution. Please, educate yourself in TCP/IP
and client/server communication basics first. There are many more things
you have to be aware of to successfully provide an XMPP service.
Wish you good luck!

Best regards,
--
Peter Viskup