[ejabberd] cannot connect to mysql

Michael Holm hollo at hollo.dk
Fri Dec 14 16:02:37 MSK 2012

Hi,

Problem:

I cannot connect to mysql with the odbc_server and mod_roster_odbc..

Details:

I have tried to put following lines in the config:

{odbc_server, {mysql, "localhost", 3306, "test", "root", ""}}.

  %%{mod_roster,   []},
  {mod_roster_odbc,   [{versioning, true}, {store_current_id, true}]},

Yet, im still not able to connect to mysql.. here i what i do.. i tail my
mysql general log which output everything that i going on on the mysql
server.. and no attempts to connect from ejabberd when i login as a new
user, i expect to get a connection to find the roster for a given user.

When i try to connect commandline with the same credentials i get:

[root at talk1 ejabberd]# mysql -u root -h localhost -P 3306
Your MySQL connection id is 13
Server version: 5.1.66 Source distribution

Copyright (c) 2000, 2012, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql>

nothing is wrong here.. so what am i doing wrong? hope someone can help me
out, and make a ejabberd connect to mysql..

Software:

CentOS 6.0
ejabberd: 2.1.11
mysql: 5.1.66