[ejabberd] mod_muc_room crash.

Vinay S talkerlang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 04:40:40 MSK 2012

Just wanted to share some more information about the crash:

This is happening with *ejabberd-2.1.6.*

It looks like it crashed on this particular line inside the function *
prepare_room_queue()*:*
{_Nick, Packet} = Activity#activity.presence,

*The *'presence'* field seems to be undefined, which results in a badmatch
error.
This appears like a race condition to me where this code gets executed
before somebody could set the *activity.presence* field.

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you again.