[ejabberd] muc-disco and s2s

Stephan Maihöfer sma at turtle-entertainment.de
Fri Feb 3 20:18:15 MSK 2012

hi,

we seperated our cluster to let a set of nodes do
"basic xmpp stuff" and the other cluster do just
"muc stuff". these two clusters talk to each others using
the s2s protocol.

it seems that disco-queries do not work over s2s connections:

i send:

<iq type="get" to="mucserver" id="ad00a" >
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items"/>
</iq>

i get:

<iq from="mucserver" type="result" to="user at example.com/resource" id="ad00a" >
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items"/>
</iq>

when using RSM i even get:

request:

<iq id='ad00a' to='mucserver' type='get'>
<query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items'>
<set xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm'>
 <max>20</max>
</set>
</query>
</iq>

result:

<iq from="mucserver" type="result" to="user at example.com/resource" id="ad00a" >
<query xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items">
<set xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/rsm">
<count>0</count>
</set>
</query>
</iq>

i know there are several rooms that exist on that server
that are persistent and i can join these rooms and even
chat with people there. i just can't get the list of rooms.

is this a known limitation, am i missing some kind of
configuration option?

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance,
stephan