[ejabberd] Connect to Gtalk

zhong ming wu mr.z.m.wu at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 08:48:45 MSK 2012

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM, James Iakovos Mandelis
<ebuggerd at 008.clara.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to connect ejabberd to Gtalk.
> How do I change the ejabberd.cfg file and how do I test the connection?

You add SRV record to your DNS server and do nothing to ejabberd.cfg
(assuming it is set up correctly already)

Google "SRV record for xmpp server."

Essentially if gmail server looks up srv record  for

_xmpp-server._tcp.yourdomain.com

it should tell gmail server which ipaddress and port to use to deliver
messages to your domain.

By default ejabberd uses port 5269 for server to server communication;
but it can be changed in your ejabberd.cfg