[ejabberd] epam issue

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Tue Feb 21 15:07:28 MSK 2012

Hello!

Am Dienstag, 21. Februar 2012, 02:03:04 schrieb CGS:
> Did you check the permissions/privileges to match for both? That's because
> I noticed you used "su" + command to execute it and you didn't mention how
> you started Ejabberd.
I assume ejabberd is normally supposed to start epam itself? Or should I
really start it myself, as I did for testing only?

Anyway, these are the permissions for epam:
-rws--x--- 1 root jabber 103288 Jan 31 17:13
/usr/lib/erlang/lib/ejabberd-2.1.10/priv/bin/epam

ejabberd is being started as user jabber which belongs to group jabber -
that's what /usr/sbin/ejabberdctl says at least.

If I read src/pam/epam.erl:init correctly, it should probably warn if it
cannot open the file, right?

Kind regards,
Dennis

P.S: I am now subscribed to the list.