[ejabberd] web-based registration + password recovery

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 16:41:44 MSK 2012

2012/1/5 Hannibal Ndlovu <hannibaln at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> Am running Ejabberd 2.1.10 on Debian 5
>
> Am looking for a web-based registration system.

See
https://git.process-one.net/ejabberd/mainline/blobs/raw/v2.1.10/doc/guide.html#modregisterweb

> As well am looking for a way to request additional information when a
> user is creating an account i.e. e-mail address instead of just
> username and password.

ejabberd doesn't implement this in mod_register, and I am not aware of
any module or patch that provides this feature.

> Finally am looking for a password recovery system for my users, so
> that users that forget their passwords can have their passwords
> e-mailed to the e-mail address they entered during account
> registration.

I wrote this module for ejabberd five years ago as an experiment,
but it seems nobody ever used it, and obviously it doesn't work in recent
ejabberd versions.
http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_passrecover

---
Badlop