[ejabberd] Ejabberd hardware requirements for very high load

Max Bourinov bourinov at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 12:22:10 MSK 2012

Best regards,
Max
Hi guys,

We also planing to heavily utilize ejabberd in out project. At the moment
we use servers like this:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/en/WF05a/3709945-3709945-3328410-241641-3328419-1842750.html

Our current config is: 2 x Xeon, 16 Gb RAM, 1Gbit Uplink. With these
servers I want to achieve equal resources utilization (when 80% of CPU and
80% of RAM is busy network link must be utilized by 80% too). Of couse this
is ideal case but this is what I want to achieve. With those little tests I
have done so far I think RAM is a resource that should be increased up to
32 Gb to make sure I don't hit RAM limits when other resources far from
planned utilization.

Since my setup consists not only from ejabberd, but also our own Erlang
applications, I am considering this server family worth to try:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF05a/15351-15351-3328412-241644-3328421-4091396.html

Best thing about this server is that I can have up to 36 cores in one box
for relatively low cost. Moreover there are 24 DIMM slots where you can put
up to 384 Gb of RAM.

p.s. I hope that it is ok to give links to vendors websites.

Best regards,
Max