[ejabberd] Client? generating unknown traffic

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 23 18:20:28 MSK 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:28:54 +0100
Holger Mickler <holger.mickler at tu-dresden.de> wrote:

> I could just see this symptom from another client:
>
> iChat v. 5.03, MacOSx v.10.6.8
>
> The user told me there was a file transfer that should have taken
> place some time ago but it failed. Maybe the traffic is related to
> that? Just a wild guess...
This is a good guess: if the file transfer protocol involved <message>
stanzas [1], after the receiver disconnected, the server placed the
traffic messages coming to it into offline storage.
Now when the client got back online, it received (and discarded) all
those messages.

1. http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0047.html#message