[ejabberd] mod_multicast still maintained

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 20:26:58 MSK 2012

On 23 July 2012 17:41, Vincent Schirmann <vschirmann at qeex.com> wrote:
> can I use this repository and branch with an ejabberd 2.1.10 for example
> (because 2.1.11 windows service is broken)

I don't know if it's safe to mix core 2.1.11 and 2.1.10 files.

You can compile all that branch, and copy all the BEAMs into your
2.1.10 Windows installation.

> to compile this branch, can I use any version of erlang (the one of debian
> squeeze for exemple?)

Regarding version number: use the same erlang major version number to
compile and to run it: R15, or R14, or whatever. Otherwise, when you
start ejabberd, you'll get a crash report (this means you can try
luck, as erlang wil crash in case it won't work).

Regarding OS: yes, you can compile BEAMs in Linux and run them in Windows.

> which compiled beams should I replace in my lib folder? Until now I only
> copy ejabberd_sup, ejabberd_c2s and mod_muc_room.

The multicast code is the same.
Looking at the code, the modified files are:
ejabberd_router_multicast
ejabberd_sup
ejabberd_c2s
mod_muc_room