[ejabberd] Change jabber users Presence externally from another application

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:00:42 MSK 2012

I'm trying to read over
http://oriolrius.cat/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Oreilly.XMPP.The.Definitive.Guide.May.2009.pdf
and tell me if this could work

Write a script that will do the following

   1. Log on xmpp:user at domainA.com/deskphone
   2. Open session with ejabberd server for xmpp:user at domainA.com/deskphone
   3. Set Presence to the following <presence from="user at domainA.com
   /deskphone">
                                                  <show>dnd</show>
                                                  <status>On Phone</status>
                                              </presence>
   4. Close session with ejabberd ser for xmpp:user at domainA.com/deskphone

I am still reading the oreilly book to see what are the caveats to doing
this but I wanted to through it out there.

Duane