[ejabberd] Custom authentication module

Niels van Hecke niels.van.hecke at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 21:54:28 MSK 2012

I am trying to create a custom authentication module that authenticates
against a mysql database, but have found no information about creating
such a module. I found some pointers to making a custom authentication
modules by using the odbc module and just modifying it as well as many
people who, although trying to help, did not answer the question of
'what is needed to create a authentication module' by pointing to
external authentication scripts. Would it be wise to just copy the
internal authentication module, rename it, and edit it as I see fit?
What functions are required and which ones are used for internal use?
Niels