[ejabberd] virtual users. is possible?

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Thu Mar 8 19:09:43 MSK 2012

Hello!

Am Donnerstag, 8. März 2012, 15:34:28 schrieb Tobias Mueller:
> On 08.03.2012 10:46, Anto wrote:
> > Is it possible to have virtual users?
>
> I haven't seen this being possible. But keep us informed, once you find
> anything out. Because we are interested in this, too.
I would also be interested in this, but so far my research did not turn up
anything.

I think someone in ejab muc once said it was not possible to do cleanly,
because xmpp offers no way to figure out which address to use in "from". Maybe
it would require some kind of "conversation tracking", or client support.

--Dennis