[ejabberd] ACL setup question

Christopher Bodenstein christopher.bodenstein at mail.noc.be.easynet.net
Mon Mar 19 18:24:59 MSK 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 07:51:08AM -0600, Shaun Kruger wrote:
> > I keep getting an error saying the server returned no data.
>
> Whenever I get an error like this in the web admin interface it is
> because there was a crash in the process handling my page request.  I
> almost always find the answer to what went wrong in the supervisor
> crash reports in sasl.log or erlang.log (depending on your version of
> ejabberd).

Ah, thanks for pointing it out. I used to look at the sasl.log but it
changed to erlang.log and I missed it...

I forgot to mention I'm using ejabberd 2.1.10

Here is what I get in the erlang.log:

=CRASH REPORT==== 19-Mar-2012::15:07:21 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: ejabberd_http:init/2
    pid: <0.17177.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception error: bad argument
      in operator  ++/2
         called as error ++ "@jabtest.easynet.global"
      in call from ejabberd_web_admin:acl_spec_to_text/1 (ejabberd_web_admin.erl, line 1186)
      in call from ejabberd_web_admin:acl_spec_to_xhtml/2 (ejabberd_web_admin.erl, line 1219)
      in call from ejabberd_web_admin:'-acls_to_xhtml/1-fun-0-'/1 (ejabberd_web_admin.erl, line 1168)
      in call from lists:map/2 (lists.erl, line 1173)
      in call from lists:map/2 (lists.erl, line 1173)
      in call from ejabberd_web_admin:acls_to_xhtml/1 (ejabberd_web_admin.erl, line 1161)
      in call from ejabberd_web_admin:process_admin/2 (ejabberd_web_admin.erl, line 880)
    ancestors: [ejabberd_http_sup,ejabberd_sup,<0.40.0>]
    messages: []
    links: [<0.313.0>,#Port<0.5969>]
    dictionary: []
    trap_exit: false
    status: running
    heap_size: 4181
    stack_size: 24
    reductions: 6569
  neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 19-Mar-2012::15:07:21 ===
     Supervisor: {local,ejabberd_http_sup}
     Context:    child_terminated
     Reason:     badarg
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.17177.0>},
                  {name,undefined},
                  {mfargs,{ejabberd_http,start_link,undefined}},
                  {restart_type,temporary},
                  {shutdown,brutal_kill},
                  {child_type,worker}]

My setup goes is based on two nodes (jabtest.easynet.global and
jabtest2.easynet.global) for the domain jabber.easynet.global

What could be the "bad argument"?
Could the hostname (with .global) be the cause of the issue?
(it's the only thing that might look suspicious compared to the
other working setups I have...)

Thanks for your help.

> Shaun

Best regards,

Chris

Christopher Bodenstein   -   christopher.bodenstein at be.easynet.net
           CB8461-RIPE   -   Systems Administrator
    Easynet Belgium SA   -   http://www.be.easynet.net/
     "Great acts are made up of small deeds." Lao Tsu