[ejabberd] ACL setup question

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 20:44:27 MSK 2012

 exception error: bad argument
     in operator  ++/2
        called as error ++ "@jabtest.easynet.global"

In this instance the badarg error is an erlang level error, not an
ejabberd level error.  It is doing a list append operation and it is
possible that the list that is being appended to is not a list type.
Check your access control lists and make sure that where you are
supposed to have a username you have a string username and not an atom
username.

If I recall this is the format of a username ACL entry:
{acl, NameAtom, {user, UsernameString, DomainString}}.

If you have {user, usernameatom, "domain.com"} then that may cause a
badarg error when trying to append everything together.  Also
remember, that single quotes force something to be an atom literal and
double quotes force something to be a string literal.

I could be way off, but this is my first theory.

Shaun