[ejabberd] How to maintain a global list of online users (Django + ejabberd)

Pankaj Singh singh.pankaj.iitkgp08 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:34:24 MSK 2012

Hi,

I am writing a facebook application using django with one to one chat
feature. I am using a python script to authenticate users to ejabberd
server  in background. Once user is connected to xmpp server, I want
to recommend him 10 online users to chat with. But I am not able to
come up with a nice implementation.

One method can be to store updated list of JID of all online users in
memcached or redis and recommend from here. Here I need to update the
list whenever some one comes online or goes offline. Is there a way to
get JID of user after authenticating from python script ?

Please help me.

--

Pankaj Singh
http://about.me/psjinx