[ejabberd] Clustering question...

Michael Weibel michael.weibel at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:31:01 MSK 2012

Hi,

>  sudo ./ejabberdctl status I get:
> The node ejabberd at jabber2 is started with status: started
> ejabberd is not running in that node
> Check for error messages: /opt/ejabberd-2.1.10/logs/ejabberd.log
> or other files in that directory.
>
> Commands to start an ejabberd node:
>   start  Start an ejabberd node in server mode
>   debug  Attach an interactive Erlang shell to a running ejabberd node
>   live   Start an ejabberd node in live (interactive) mode

I assume you're running ejabberd as the user ejabberd. If you do a sudo ejabberdctl status, it could be possible that it takes a different .erlang.cookie than ejabberd. This way, ejabberdctl can't get the status.
Usually erlang cookies in $HOME/.erlang.cookie. But it may be that there are also other places where the erlang cookie is stored.

If you do a ejabberdctl debug, you can open a shell attached to the ejabberd process. There you can get the cookie value by using "erlang:get_cookie().". (Btw to close the shell: 2x ctrl+c)

Maybe that helps you.