[ejabberd] Can I create chat room on the server instead of client

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:55:45 MSK 2012

I know this isn't exactly creating a chat room on the server (without
a client), but I wrote a blog post last week about using MUCs in a way
that required a room to be created and made persistent before anyone
started using it.  I wrote a python script that attaches to a server,
creates a room, and sets the room's options before logging out.

Take a look at it and see if it would be useful to what you're trying to do:

It is written in python and requires sleekxmpp.

As for adding users to the chat room on the server side I'm just not
sure that's going to work out really well because I don't know what
clients will do when they suddenly start getting muc messages without
ever realizing they joined a muc.  What are you trying to do?  Have
you looked at mod_multicast?

Shaun Kruger