[ejabberd] Can I create chat room on the server instead of client

Coiby Xu coiby.xu at gmail.com
Fri May 4 12:10:13 MSK 2012

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for your reply!

I'm working on FusionForge(an open source project management system) and
want to integrate ejabberd with it. My purpose is that I can create a chat
room for each project and the members of the project can be added
automatically to the room too.

A week, I modify a perl script  which use ejabberdctl to synchronize
Fusionforge groups with ejabberd shared rosters and provide such functions:
1. create users, update password of existing users, delete non-existing
users
2. create new rosters, fill them with new users, delete users deleted
from Fusionforge

I find roster is just not enough which only add project members to the
buddy list. So I wonder if I can create room from each project.

Thanks for your python script! It makes me easier to achieve my object. May
I ask can I set the owner of the chatting room and invite other people to
the room(it can be done from the client you know)?

Thanks for recommending mod_multicast! I read the README file but I don't
understand why it's actually doing.