[ejabberd] Can I create chat room on the server instead of client

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 4 13:15:58 MSK 2012

On Fri, 4 May 2012 16:25:06 +0800
Coiby Xu <coiby.xu at gmail.com> wrote:

> I find mod_muc_admin should be installed manually.
> Under /usr/lib64/ejabberd/ebin/, no mod_muc_admin.beam file exists.
Sure, it's a third-party module [1].

> Btw, I find mod_muc_room.beam, what's it doing? I don't find a readme
> file. There's no folder named mod_muc_room in
> http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd-modules/.
Because it's an integral part of ejabberd (providing MUC room
functionality); I suppose it's used by a more general module named
mod_muc (also an integral part of ejabberd).
That "mod_" prefix is coincidence: it merely means "module", as
something which can be disabled w/o rendering the rest of the program
unusable (you can disable support for MUC rooms in the ejabberd
configuration).

1. http://www.ejabberd.im/mod_muc_admin