[ejabberd] Can I create chat room on the server instead of client

Shaun Kruger shaun.kruger at gmail.com
Fri May 4 18:30:39 MSK 2012

I might be getting this wrong, but I think telling the client to auto
join a MUC room requires bookmarks (XEP-0048).  Unfortunately, the
last time I checked ejabberd doesn't support bookmarks.  I found a
thread on an OpenFire forum that talks about automatic joining of MUCs
that talks about this and some of the spotty client support for
bookmarks when trying to auto-join MUC rooms:
http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/33763

Shaun