[ejabberd] Can I create chat room on the server instead of client

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 4 18:54:56 MSK 2012

On Fri, 4 May 2012 08:30:39 -0600
Shaun Kruger <shaun.kruger at gmail.com> wrote:

> I might be getting this wrong, but I think telling the client to auto
> join a MUC room requires bookmarks (XEP-0048).  Unfortunately, the
> last time I checked ejabberd doesn't support bookmarks.
Support for bookmarks has nothing to do with servers--it's purely a
client-side thing.  The server should only provide the support for
"storage medium", which is pubsub in the newer draft of that XEP or
"private storage" in its older revisions.
ejabberd supported bookmarks via private storage as far as I can
remember, and I started using it somewhere around year 2006.

[...]