[ejabberd] Clustering question...

Stefan Strigler steve at zeank.in-berlin.de
Wed May 9 11:51:05 MSK 2012

Hi,

Am 08.05.2012 um 08:55 schrieb Michael Weibel:

> This should work without specifying extra_db_nodes at all after the first setup.

This is because 'extra_db_nodes' is used to copy over tables from the 'extra' node to the current node. Once copied mnesia will take care of synchronization.

> I'm not yet at the point to say that for sure. But anyway if you need to scale, you should use mnesia as less as possible (better use PostgreSQL/MySQL)..

This is because Mnesia is not designed to hold big amounts of data. Mnesia is designed to keep track of runtime data within distributed systems. That's the way you should use it in ejabberd as well. And actually that's the way ejabberd handles it if you're using Mysql or the like.

Regards, Steve