[ejabberd] ejabberd and Asterisk

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon May 28 10:45:50 MSK 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to interconnect ejabberd and Asterisk?

What I'm trying to do is enable my xmpp users to call any sip extension without having them register into a sip account. In other words, xmpp userA authenticates via LDAP to ejabberd and tries to call sip:1234 at sipserver. Can ejabberd handle that? Or is there a module that can do this?

I know that Asterisk can connect to ejabberd but I'd like to do it the other way around (actually it would have to be bi-directional):

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Jabber#ejabberdintegration

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Vieri