[ejabberd] ejabberd and Asterisk

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon May 28 16:54:49 MSK 2012

On Sun, 27 May 2012 23:45:50 -0700 (PDT)
Vieri <rentorbuy at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Vieri,

first thing: I'm just a beginner w/ ejabberd, so double-check
what I say.

> Is there a way to interconnect ejabberd and Asterisk?

From what I know, the module only allow you to get callers _status_
into your XMPP client.

> What I'm trying to do is enable my xmpp users to call any sip
> extension without having them register into a sip account. In
> other words, xmpp userA authenticates via LDAP to ejabberd and
> tries to call sip:1234 at sipserver. Can ejabberd handle that? Or is
> there a module that can do this?

Do yourself a favor: flip to freeswitch, they have Jingle support
operational since... 2007 & bidir since early 2010:
http://freeswitch.org/node/281
http://freeswitch.org/node/35
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Google_Voice
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_dingaling

They also carefully listen to you when you talk, care about your
(constructive) critics, answer very fast to your questions and
even accept (good!) patches that will enhance FS...

Also note that their skype support is rock solid since... 2007:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Skype_Connect
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_skypopen_Skype_Endpoint_and_Trunk

As you should have understand, I'm biased because don't like *:
they're talking at you (and never listen) when FS team is talking to
you (and listen and react very fast: important failures are mostly
fixed in a matter of 1/2 day).

Jean-Yves
--
Lao Tseu say: Man that scratch his butt at night
awakes with stinking fingers.