[ejabberd] disconnexion if doublon?

Bzzz lazyvirus at gmx.com
Mon May 28 16:57:13 MSK 2012

On Mon, 28 May 2012 14:35:02 +0400
Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

Oops, sorry for the direct e-mail Konstantin, I re-inject it in the
ML circuit:

> You either have to become advanced enough or have someone else
> solve this problem for you.
> Resource binding is an integral (and useful) part of the protocol,
> so it's kind of assumed you have to possess certain basic
> knowledge about the protocol to operate a network which uses it.
> See http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc6120.html#bind for more info.

Thanks for the link for it is not always easy to find the right doc.

Anyway, as I stated in my former post, I found the other solution:
set "max_connections" to 1.  I don't know why I persuaded myself
that it must be 2 or 3 at least.

> This can be (almost any) string, say, "Office" if this is a
> corporate network.  Or you can educate them about how to gain
> advantages of the concept of recources and their different
> priorities.

My bad about Shaun's post: it is so obvious in Pidgin conf frame
(I should lengthen my nights:(

Thanks to the both of you.

Jean-Yves

--
  An Irishman is never at peace except when he's fighting.