[ejabberd] latest ejabberd and erlang package compatible with icq transport?

viq vicviq at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:22:40 MSK 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 6:11 PM, Peter Vereshagin <peter at vereshagin.org> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> 2011/12/05 23:58:59 +0100 viq <vicviq at gmail.com> => To ejabberd at jabber.ru :
>
> v> > It seems ejabberd isn't compatible with icq transport e. g. pyicq-t, anymore.
> v> > Can anyone please suggest me the latest ejabberd and an erlang package
> v> > versions known to work with icq transport for me to downgrade?
> v>
> v> How about http://spectrum.im ?
>
> It requires for linking the 'swiften' library that results ~130M of size for me in binary size.
> It sounds a too much memory fingerprint for me.

  PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE   RES STATE     WAIT      TIME    CPU COMMAND
21483 _spectru   2    0 4024K   12M sleep/1   poll      1:41  0.00%
/usr/local/sbin/spectrum /etc/spectrum/irc.cfg

This doesn't seem to take much RAM... But admittedly it's nearly not
used at all.

> How did you know about Spectrum? Suppose I can have a choice at the same place to know from about it.

I can't really tell anymore where I heard about it, I guess one of the
XMPP lists, could be somewhere else though...

--
viq