[ejabberd] Problem with Roster push as a result of subscription request

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 20:59:55 MSK 2012

On 30 October 2012 20:05, Brett Holton <brett.holton at meteor-ent.com> wrote:
> I am currently running ejabberd 2.1.11 and I’m seeing behavior that does not
> seem to meet RFC 6121 when I send a subscription request.
>
> After sending a subscription request I correctly receive a Roster Set IQ,
> but the ask attribute is empty. Is this a known issue with Mod_Roster?
>
> According to the RFC the server should respond with a roster set IQ with a
> subscription of “none” and an ask of “subscribe”

I send this stanza using the XML window of Tkabber to ejabberd 2.1.11,
and it seems correct:

<!-- 17:40:50.902 OUT (::xmpp::1, user1 at localhost/tka1) -->
<presence	type='subscribe'
	to='user222 at localhost'>
  <status>Me gustaría añadirte a mi lista de contactos.
</status>
</presence>

<!-- 17:40:50.924 IN (::xmpp::1, user1 at localhost/tka1) -->
<iq from='user1 at localhost'
	to='user1 at localhost/tka1'
	id='push681909530'
	type='set'>