[ejabberd] Returning to ejabberd after trying openfire

Konstantin Khomoutov flatworm at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Nov 8 13:49:00 MSK 2012

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 06:56:18 +0000
Phil Reynolds <phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com> wrote:

[...]
> I will be adding the remote roster patch to the Debian wheezy package.

(Asking with my ejabberd in Debian maintainer's hat on) Can you
elaborate on this a bit?

> My questions in connection with this:
>
> Where are SSL certificates for ejabberd stored?

It depends on what you really want to ask.
Certificates ejabberd uses for XMPP domains it hosts itself are
kept in plain files (usually PEM-formatted), and the names of these
files are speficied in the ejabberd's configuration file.

If you want to ask about the general certificate storage (to verify
certificates of connecting parties) then the answer is: ejabberd uses
OpenSSL to deal with TLS and X.509 certificates hence on a Debian
system it looks at /etc/ssl/certs (unless overridden when calling its
API functions, and I doubt this is what ejabberd does).

[...]