[ejabberd] Returning to ejabberd after trying openfire

Phil Reynolds phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com
Thu Nov 8 21:45:21 MSK 2012

On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 13:49:00 +0400
Konstantin Khomoutov <flatworm at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Nov 2012 06:56:18 +0000
> Phil Reynolds <phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com> wrote:
>
> [...]
> > I will be adding the remote roster patch to the Debian wheezy
> > package.
>
> (Asking with my ejabberd in Debian maintainer's hat on) Can you
> elaborate on this a bit?

It's a patch used with spectrum transports, to handle the legacy IM
rosters.

http://jkaluza.fedorapeople.org/ejabberd-2.1.x-remote-roster.patch

Instructions on how to add it to the Debian package are at
http://www.spectrum.im/projects/spectrum/wiki/Remote_roster

> > My questions in connection with this:
> >
> > Where are SSL certificates for ejabberd stored?
>
> It depends on what you really want to ask.
> Certificates ejabberd uses for XMPP domains it hosts itself are
> kept in plain files (usually PEM-formatted), and the names of these
> files are speficied in the ejabberd's configuration file.

Right, so it should be obvious from the file... good, thought so but
also thought it best to check.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com