[ejabberd] mod_muc_odbc Service Unavailable

Evgeniy Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:21:55 MSK 2012

On 15.11.2012 15:34, Michael Amundson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking in to migrating a large ejabberd installation away
> from mnesia and to ODBC (specifically, Postgres). I used ejd2odbc to
> dump all the relevant tables and have properly imported them in to
> Postgres after setting up the initial schema. Upon restarting
> ejabberd, everything seems to work fine driven off of the Postgres
> database, but the MUC module reports Service Unavailable for all
> attempted operations. It was working fine with mnesia, so I'm inclined
> to think I've messed something up when migrating, but I'm at a loss as
> to what. Nothing looks out of the ordinary in ejabberd's log.
>
> Any ideas?

1) are there any errors in the erlang.log?
2) what is your Postgres version?
3) provide the output of the following SQL commands:
# select * from muc_room limit 1;
# show standard_conforming_strings;
4) provide the output of the following Erlang command (use `ejabberdctl
debug`):
     mod_muc:restore_room("host.com", "conference.host.com", "some_room").

--
Regards,
Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.