[ejabberd] mod_muc_odbc Service Unavailable

Michael Amundson michael at echobit.com
Thu Nov 15 10:29:14 MSK 2012

Thanks for the quick reply!

I had just figured out it was an escaping issue with the output of
ejd2odbc. erlang.log revealed that mod_muc_odbc was failing when
ejabberd was booting, hence the 503s.

Regarding the escaping issue: the opts column's values aren't escaped
properly for Postgres, or not for Postgres 9.2 at any rate. I did a
quick regex to treat the values in the ejd2odbc output as escaped
literals by appending an E in front of the opts value and ejabberd
properly loaded mod_muc_odbc at boot. I noticed a few other
conversations / bug reports relating to escaping and Postgres--none of
them seemed to be related to the output of ejd2odbc however.

Regards,
Michael