[ejabberd] Timeout mechanism query

Anurag Srivastava anurag.cs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:51:16 MSK 2012

Thanks Evgeniy,

But my client is an application bot, which perform some another activities
and it take sometimes more than 60 seconds, due to which it got
disconnected from server. I am looking for method to solve this issue. Is
it fair to send blank message with some intervals say 45 seconds to make
client live? please suggest any other methods..

Regards,
Anurag

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Evgeniy Khramtsov <xramtsov at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 16.11.2012 17:01, Anurag Srivastava wrote:
>
>> Hello There,
>>
>> What is the mechanism for timeout is used in ejabberd? how i can make
>> sure that my agent not get disconnected with ejabberd server.
>>
>> I made this change in ejabberd.cfg file
>>  {mod_http_bind,[ {max_inactivity, 60} ]}
>>
>> But i want to make sure that my agent not got disconnected after 60
>> seconds.
>>

> Since max_wait can't be more than 60 seconds, you cannot make sure. The
> only solution is to make your clients posses 'wait' attribute less than 60
> seconds, I guess.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Evgeniy Khramtsov, ProcessOne.