[ejabberd] Problem configuring ejabberd on ubuntu ami of amazon ec2

andy nes andynes83 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 12:29:55 MSK 2012

Hi,

This is my first experience with ejabberd. Spare me if I miss anything.

I have installed ejabberd server on ubuntu 12.04 AMI on Amazon EC2.

I have successfully installed the server, added the admin user and host in
the config file and opened up reqd ports (5222, 5223, 5269, 5280).

Now I tried to login the web admin interface using the admin user id and
password. I could log in, BUT I could only see one section, Virtual Hosts.
No Control Lists, Access rules, Nodes and Statistics Menu items on the left.
Also, when I click Virtual Hosts Menu item, the page that comes up does not
show anything.

Here are the links to the screenshots
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtbq8c1863yni1x/1.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyt8b24hvfieegn/2.png