[ejabberd] Several S2S connections from one domain to another ?

Vincent Barat vbarat at capptain.com
Wed Oct 17 17:10:17 MSK 2012

Hi guys,

My company (http://www.capptain.com) is using eJabberd heavily to
push messages to mobile devices (or web apps).

We have 2 XMPP domains made of 2 clusters (one for devices, and the
other for backend services) and we send a lot of messages from le
backend domain to the device domain (other way also).
Unfortunately, it seems that there is only one S2S output connection
establishes between the 2 cluster (i.e. only one of the nodes of the
backend cluster establish the connection) and so this is a big
bottleneck for us: all the traffic is routed through one host.

Is this a limitation of the XMPP protocol, or a limitation of eJabberd ?

Is there a way to allow each of our nodes to connect through S2S to
another node on the destination cluster ?

Thanks for your advices.