[ejabberd] Problem with Roster push as a result of subscription request

Brett Holton brett.holton at meteor-ent.com
Tue Oct 30 23:05:47 MSK 2012

I am currently running ejabberd 2.1.11 and I'm seeing behavior that does not seem to meet RFC 6121 when I send a subscription request.
After sending a subscription request I correctly receive a Roster Set IQ, but the ask attribute is empty. Is this a known issue with Mod_Roster?

According to the RFC the server should respond with a roster set IQ with a subscription of "none" and an ask of "subscribe"

Thanks
Brett Holton
Engineer
Meteor Entertainment