[ejabberd] mod_last_odbc with PostgreSQL

Alex Favaro afavaro at omnihours.com
Wed Oct 31 01:32:07 MSK 2012

Has anybody had any luck configuring mod_last_odbc with the native
PostgreSQL driver?

I installed ejabberd from source using the instructions
here<https://git.process-one.net/ejabberd/mainline/blobs/raw/v2.1.11/doc/guide.html#htoc35>,
added the table "last" to my database using the schema in
mod_last.erl<https://github.com/processone/ejabberd/blob/master/src/mod_last.erl>,
and added the following lines to my ejabberd.cfg:
{modules, [
  {mod_last_odbc, []},
]}
{host_config, "localhost", [
]}.

But when I run ejabberd and start sending messages between two users I
don't see any rows in the database table I created. There are no error
messages in either the ejabberd or PostgreSQL logs so I'm not really sure
how to debug this. Has anyone successfully configured this? I'm running
ejabberd 2.1.11 with PostgreSQL 9.1

Also, will this module track any kind of activity from users or do I need
to explicitly send presence stanzas to update the last activity? (I've
tried doing this but still no luck)

-Alex