[ejabberd] ejabberd in Darknet

Badlop badlop at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:38:38 MSK 2012

On 13 September 2012 23:22, valent.turkovic at gmail.com
<valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> What, if any, webui and linux terminal admin tools are availabtle to
> setup and manage ejabberd?

WebAdmin and ejabberdctl, both included in ejabberd.

> For local wifi community admins nice to have features are:
>
> - user statistics
>  * how many users are connected now
>  * how many users have been connected in last XY hours/days
>  * listing users that have not logged in in last XY days

WebAdmin shows some.
Install mod_statsdx for more.

Those two are not implemented:
>  * monitoring user activity
>   ** how long users have been online/away/offline in last XY hours/days

> - easy user account administration
>  * list all users and their roles
>  * change users role
>  * create new users
>  * ban user accounts
>  * delete users accounts

WebAdmin and ejabberdctl.
Install mod_admin_extra for more.
Other ways to get most those statistics: mod_rest and ejabberd_xmlrpc.

> - manage connectiviry to XMPP servers of other communities
>  * connect with different communities (to their MUC rooms and clients)
>  * ban connection to some specific community (their xmpp server)

S2S is enabled by default, if you mean that.
For banning: I guess ACL and Access feature will help.

> -  logging room communication
>  * output MUC room logs in html and txt format

mod_muc_log

> - manage your communities xmpp server cluser
>  * info about any specific server

Very rudimentary: if each node has WebAdmin enabled, you can connect
to its web page.
Same for ejabberdctl (you may want to install mod_shcomands)

> - secure and private communication if needed
>  * pgp and OTR support

That's a client topic. ejabberd doesn't have anything to say in
client-2-client encryption.

What ejabberd can do is client-2-server, and server-2-server encryption:
http://www.ejabberd.im/s2s-encryption

> Which of these features are already implemented, which are something
> we will see soon and which are not even planned?

Most of them are implemented in ejabberd or in
http://www.ejabberd.im/contributions

I guess you'll have to install ejabberd 2.1.11 and play with it :)

---
Badlop
ProcessOne