[ejabberd] Sending messages via send_message_chat

孙明欣 mingxin.sun at dewmobile.net
Wed Dec 4 16:06:31 MSK 2013

You can try xmlrpc module to send message.

孙明欣

From: Peter Binnig
Date: 2013-12-04 15:08
To: ejabberd
Subject: [ejabberd] Sending messages via send_message_chat
Hi,
I tried to create a corn-job to set the motd every day on a new output
of "fortune" but I could not figure out how to do that.
Every thing I tried resulted in "Error: the command "send_message_chat"
requires 15 less argument." or
Problem 'error {case_clause,{'EXIT',{{badmatch,{error,{fread,character}}},
                                     [{ejabberd_ctl,format_arg2,2},

{ejabberd_ctl,'-format_args/2-fun-0-',2},
                                      {lists,foldl,3},
                                      {ejabberd_ctl,call_command,3},
                                      {ejabberd_ctl,try_call_command,3},
                                      {ejabberd_ctl,process2,3},
                                      {ejabberd_ctl,process,1},

{rpc,'-handle_call_call/6-fun-0-',5}]}}}' occurred executing the command.
Stacktrace: [{ejabberd_ctl,call_command,3},
             {ejabberd_ctl,try_call_command,3},
             {ejabberd_ctl,process2,3},
             {ejabberd_ctl,process,1},
             {rpc,'-handle_call_call/6-fun-0-',5}]

The second error occurs with "&(fortune) as message argument, but not
every time I think it has something to do with multiple lines in the
message, because one line messages get set properly.
Can anybody give me any advice?

Peter Binnig