[ejabberd] AIM contacts repeatedly requesting authorisation

Phil Reynolds phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com
Fri Feb 15 13:31:06 MSK 2013

I am using ejabberd with a collection of transports provided by
spectrum2.

I have added most of my AIM/ICQ contacts, and my partner's, but a few
of them are repeatedly requesting authorisation every time I connect
(with psi or Xabber).

I have tried removing the contacts - they still request authorisation.

I have investigated spectrum2's logs and it is not spectrum2 that is
causing the auth requests to repeat.

I have not noticed this problem with contacts on messenger systems
other than AIM. This appears to be a problem in ejabberd - it's mildly
annoying. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I am running version
2.1.10-3 from Debian wheezy, with the remote roster patch for 2.1.x
that was recommended on the spectrum.im web site - I cannot now find an
exact reference to it.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: phil-jabber at tinsleyviaduct.com