[ejabberd] external component / user online state

Taybin Rutkin trutkin at utest.com
Tue Jan 8 22:56:55 MSK 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 1:25 PM, Kvhdude Kv wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am implementing an external component that needs to find out the online presence state of any given user connected to ejabberd.
>   This query will be exercised heavily and needs to scale, what would be the best way to go about this?
>
>   Should i modify ejabberd to also track online presence of a user in mnesia and have the external component query it?
>
>    Is there a better way?

How many users do you anticipate having to query for? How many queries per minute? There are many ways to store and cache the value. The presence is already stored in mnesia. It's up to you to figure out if you need to cache the value and how to mark it when it changes. That depends on the specifics of your setup.

Taybin Rutkin