[ejabberd] how to use conference.jabber.ru

Ofer Nave odigity at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 16:07:54 MSK 2013

New to ejabberd.  The website said to join the ejabberd room @
conference.jabber.ru (rather than a FreeNode IRC channel).  Haven't had any
success in attempting to do so.

Maybe I don't understand how public conference rooms work, or I'm not
formatting the JID or URI correctly or putting the right values in the
right fields in the various Jabber clients I've tried...

Help appreciated.  Would like to get access to live chat with experienced
users while learning how to configure and deploy ejabberd correctly for my
projects.

Thanks!

-ofer