[ejabberd] Migrating two serves into one

Alexander R. dotnot at lavabit.com
Mon Jun 10 23:32:36 MSK 2013

Hello everybody,

my current situation is that I have two active ejabberd instances, both
running on separate machines, both veeeery old hardware. For stability
and economic reasons I want to migrate both on one, newer machine.

According to the official documentation
(http://svn.process-one.net/ejabberd/tags/ejabberd-2.0.5/doc/guide.html#htoc64)
all I would have to do is backup the Mnesia databases and import them
both on the new machine. But my guess is that one backup would overwrite
the other - which would be fatal.

Does anyone have any experiences with such a scenario? Or could somebody
point me to the right place in the documentation?

Thanks in advance,
cheers!