[ejabberd] Getting started with ejabberd and Mysql - modules_odbc

Kirill Ratkin kirill.v.ratkin at gmail.com
Fri May 17 14:48:39 MSK 2013

Hi Tomas,
Many people here are not native english speakers.

Things you need are already in ejabberd repo or tar ball. You just need to
to several steps to get server up & running:
1. prepare config file
2. create database in your databases server. Note. when ejabberd works in
odbc mode it uses separate database per virtual host.
3. apply mysql.sql scheme to all databases (remember, one databases per
virtual host)
4. start jabbered

For example you can see my config file. There are two domains (example.com&
example.org) and two databases called 'examplecom' & 'exampleorg'. Database
user 'ejabberd' and his password 'pazzword'. Of course you need to create
this mysql user and grant him access on two these databases before.

Note, when you build ejabberd and erlang/otp you should be sure option
--enable-odbc is enabled.
And also when I started ejabberd with odbc support I got runtime message
about ... mysql driver is out or my system.
So I built & installed this driver:
https://github.com/deployfu/erlang-mysql-driver as well.