[ejabberd] How to check ejabberd 3 (or Community Server) performance improvement claims?

David Ammouial david.ammouial at capptain.com
Thu May 23 21:48:01 MSK 2013

Hello, this is my first post on this list.

After reading the claimed improvements of ejabberd 3 and ejabberd 13.03beta
over ejabberd 2.x, we decided to load-test it using Tsung (latest git
checkout). Unfortunately, we didn't notice a dramatic difference in Tsung
reports, compared to ejabberd 2.1.9. As for hardware resources, there was a
small gain in RAM, compensated by a higher CPU activity.

That might be a sign of a defective Tsung load scenario on our side. Has
anybody (e.g. people at ProcessOne) performed a proper workbench and would
like to share their testing scenario(s) along with the results they
obtained? That would allow potential adopters such as ourselves to test it
in our own environment while working on a common, proved test base.

Regards

--
David AMMOUIAL
*System Administrator,* *Capptain*
*e.* david.ammouial at capptain.com
*w.* http://www.capptain.com/
*a.* 18 rue Tronchet, 75008 Paris, France
 <https://www.facebook.com/capptain>
<https://twitter.com/capptain_hq> <http://www.capptain.com/feed/>
Latest Company News: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
PUSH<http://www.capptain.com/2013/03/01/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-push/>
 <http://www.capptain.com/contact/>
IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential.
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you have received
this email by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and do not
disclose the contents to anyone or make copies thereof.