[ejabberd] Messages (OSX) and file transfer

Maarten de Boer maarten at djambu.com
Thu Nov 7 14:03:10 MSK 2013

Hi,

I have installed a ejabberd server (ejabberd-13.10) on my linux server. I registered some users, all using Messages on OS X 10.9. Everything is working fine except for file transfers. I tried to enable mod_proxy65 but that didn't help either…

Questions:
- is anybody successfully using Messages with file transfers?
- is uncommenting the line
{mod_proxy65,[]},
in the ejabberd.cfg sufficient, or does it require more parameters?
- what steps can I take to debug this problem? What should I look for in the logs?
- what would be the recommended client for OS X to test if it’s just a problem of Messages?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Maarten